The Library Commission is the governing body of the Ledyard Libraries. Members representing all political parties are appointed by the Town Council. The Library Commission generally meets on the third Monday of the month at alternating libraries. All meetings are open to the public.
Copies of the meeting agendas and minutes may be found on the Town website under Meeting Group “Library Commission”. The Library Commission is responsible for hiring a Library Director, establishing a budget for the library and setting policies for the operation and use of the library.
Members of the Library Commission are:
- John Bolduc, Chairman
- Rebecca Nash, Vice-Chairman
- Ellin Grenger, Secretary
- Carol Ganz, Treasurer
- Barbara Candler
- Brian Cronin
- Ralph Hightower
- Cheryl Schulman
- Susan Warren
- Mary McGrattan, Town Council Liaison
- Fred Allyn, III, Mayor
- Gale Bradbury, Library Director
Schedule of Meetings through 2017
- June 19, 2017, 7:30 pm: Bill Library.
- July 17, 2017, 7:30 pm: Gales Ferry Library.
- August 21, 2017, 7:30 pm: Bill Library.
- September 18, 2017, 7:30 pm: Gales Ferry Library
- October 16, 2017, 7:30 pm: Bill Library.
- November 20 2017, 7:30 pm: Gales Ferry Library.
- December 13, 2017, 7:30 pm: Bill Library.
- January 22, 2018, 7:30 pm: Gales Ferry Library.