The Ledyard Seed Library is a community outreach program, housed at the Bill Library, during the months of March-September. We hope to encourage both new and seasoned gardeners to try something new, learn something new, build healthier eating habits and share your bounty!
We offer a variety of free vegetable, flower & herb garden seeds, which include Heirloom, Organic & Open-pollinated seeds. Seeds are donated by local businesses, commercial vendors, URI Extension, a local seed library, community members & a regional community garden association. The seeds are sorted, inventoried, organized, and in the case of open-pollinated seeds, cleaned & packaged, by local community volunteers, members of the Ledyard Garden Club & LHS AgriScience students.
In addition to free garden seeds, we also offer:
- Garden-themed presentations & workshops
- A wide selection of gardening related books (to check out with your library card)
- A Resource Binder containing charts, maps, informational articles etc.
- Many informational pamphlets
- “Ask a Gardner” feature, where your questions are answered by local expertise (a CT Master Gardener & a Local Farmer).
We hope you enjoy the Ledyard Seed Library! Happy growing!
For more information or to volunteer to help, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.