The library is now offering contact-free pickup of library materials.
How to Order
By phone Mon – Fri 9:30 am – 4:30 pm or email:
Bill Library Call 860-464-9912; Email email@example.com
Gales Ferry Library 860-464-6943: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check availability of items at https://lb.catalog.lionlibraries.org/
- limit of 5 items per card
- items MUST be owned by Bill or Gales Ferry Library (we cannot get items from other libraries at this time).
- Staff will arrange a pick up time when you call to place your hold. We will be trying to process as many requests as possible so if at all possible consult our catalog prior to calling and have a back up request ready if your first choice is unavailable.
- We will offer pickup windows throughout each day. You may request a specific day or window, but availability for each slot will be limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to pick up materials
- All pickups will take place outside of the library from the book cart by the door
Items will be placed in a bag with the patron’s name on it and arranged alphabetically by last name.
- Please wear a face covering when picking up items and observe all posted signs.
- During your pickup, staff will remain inside the building. If you have questions, please call or email. Please do not try to access the building.
How to return material: All items must be returned in the outside book drop.
Staff will not be allowed to accept any items in person.
Staff members are taking all possible precautions while working inside the building to fulfill your item requests. We are wearing masks and gloves, and are working in zones, so as not to overlap each other. Items that are returned are placed in quarantine for 3 days.
Calling all sewists and makers! These tools can be used to make cloth ties for masks, bias tape for hemming or binding, drawstrings for clothing or bags, etc.